Closing Day: Preparing for Your New Denver Home
As you approach the closing day for your new Denver home, there are a few essential steps to ensure a smooth transition.
1. Final Walk-Through Inspection
Before the closing, a final walk-through inspection is crucial. This serves as a formality to ensure everything is in order. Make sure the property is in the same condition as when you last viewed it and that all agreed-upon items are in place. This step helps avoid unexpected surprises, such as the seller not vacating the property or missing appliances. While rare, the final walkthrough is your safeguard against unforeseen circumstances.
2. Setting Up Home Services and Utilities
After the closing, the next priority is setting up essential home services and utilities. We’ll provide you with a list of useful contacts to streamline this process.
3. Being Prepared for the Unexpected
Even at this late stage, unforeseen issues can arise. No need to worry; we’re here to assist you. Whether it’s a last-minute breakdown or a minor detail, our experienced team has handled such challenges efficiently in the past.
4. The Closing Process
Now, you’re at the culmination of your home-buying journey – the closing process:
- The closing agent will present a settlement statement summarizing all financial transactions. You, the seller, and the closing agent will sign this statement, ensuring its accuracy.
- If you’re financing the purchase, you’ll need to sign the required documents from the lending institution.
- If you’re unable to attend the scheduled closing, alternative arrangements can be made with prior notice.
- When bringing funds to the closing, you can choose to wire the funds into the closing agent’s escrow account or bring a certified bank check as specified in the settlement statement.
- The seller will provide property keys and other essential information to you during the closing.
With these final steps, you’ll soon be ready to settle into your new home in Denver. Congratulations on reaching this significant milestone!